Garden Stakes Kaneohe HI
449 Ilimano St
Domke John B
709 Nunu St
C & P Lawn Sprinklers
518 Punaa St
Mikes Lawn and Garden Services
1804 Kahanu St
540 Lagoon Dr Suite 5
1127 Kailua Rd
Hawaiian Isle Yard Service & Maintenance
552 Paulele St
Ching Nursery Inc
41 950 Mahiku Mahiku Pl
803 Mapunapuna St
Friends of Honolulu Botoanical Gardens
180 N Vineyard Blvd
Garden Stakes | Use garden markers for easy plant identification
Use garden markers for easy plant identification
Garden stakes have a number of uses in a well-kept garden; they keep things neatly separated, labeled and in order. Many stakes are decorative, as well as functional, adding flair or even whimsy to your landscape.
Types of Garden Stakes
For everyone from novice gardeners to experts, garden stakes play a low-key but important part in keeping a garden looking neat and helping plants to grow properly. Functional types of garden stakes include:
- Plant stakes, which are used to support plants that are heavy, to assist young trees in growing straight and to train vines. Special stakes are available for plants like tomatoes, which must be supported or the fruit will rot on the ground, and pole beans, which need vertical support to grow properly. Plant stakes are commonly made of metal, bamboo and wood; take care to select non-rusting stakes when purchasing metal garden stakes.
- Garden markers, which come in handy for identifying garden plants and vegetables. Garden herb stakes are specifically made for identifying herbs in herb gardens. Some garden markers come pre-printed with the names of common vegetables and herbs, while others are blank to allow the gardener to write their own plant names on them.
- Watering stakes, which are buried next to a plant's roots to slowly release water to the roots via wicking.
- Ground stakes, which hold shade cloth to protect plants from sunburn or burlap or other fabric to protect plants from frosty nights.
- Garden hose guides, which are used at the edges of flowerbeds or vegetable gardens to prevent garden hoses from damaging tender plants.
Decorative garden stakes bring beauty or a touch of color and whimsy to a garden. They can also be used as an accent in indoor potted plants. Types of decorative stakes include:
- Colorful flower stakes, some with the ability to spin or move in the breeze
- Bug stakes, such as ladybugs, grasshoppers, dragonflies and butterflies ...
Click here to read more from Luma Gardening